Below, I summarize the top 5 online guitar courses. We will look at what features they have, what lessons they have, and much more.
Any of these 5 guitar courses can help you get better at playing guitar. And while they are in no particular order, if you have been reading my blog for a while, you know my #1 recommendation is GuitarTricks.com.
In short, it’s because they have a great community, easy to follow guitar lessons for all levels, lessons in many genres, a good selection of songs to learn, multi-angle hd videos that are easy to understand, interactive tools and a lot more. You really get your money’s worth at GuitarTricks.
Online Guitar Lessons – Easy Step-by-Step Video Lessons (guitartricks.com)
- If you’re a beginner, at GuitarTricks you will make music on day 1, with their beginner Core Learning System.
- Forget the old days of endlessly searching through YouTube videos and guitar tabs. Learning guitar is easier and faster with their step-by-step system.
- That’s why they started Guitar Tricks to provide online guitar lessons for those searching for an easy, fast, and fun way to learn guitar.
- The best part is that Guitar Tricks has lessons for everyone, whether you’re an absolute beginner learning guitar or an advanced guitar player looking to improve your technique.
Learning guitar is a lot easier when you have a step-by-step system to follow. Guitar Tricks lessons are interconnected and organized to get slightly harder as you progress. You watch a video lesson, play along, and then click a Next button to go to the next lesson. Lessons have multiple camera angles, guitar tabs, jam tracks and everything else you need to learn.
Many guitar lesson sites force beginners to do boring exercises and drills for months before actually making music. If you’re a beginner at GuitarTricks you will make music on day 1, with their beginner Core Learning System.
The best part is that GuitarTricks has lessons for everyone, whether you’re an absolute beginner learning guitar or an advanced guitar player looking to improve your technique. With lessons that teach you from the ground up, covering every genre of guitar, you won’t get bored or lost with repetitive lessons.
Guitar Tricks has knowledgeable and entertaining instructors who really seem to care about the student and material. I’ve learned a lot in a short amount of time. It’s a really fun spot.
JamPlay – Learn Guitar with HD Video Lessons (JamPlay.com)
- They have spent the past 14 years building one of the largest resources of guitar content on the planet.
- A JamPlay Membership gives you access to all lessons from every teacher they offer.
- From the Beatles to Megadeth, their song catalog features tons of songs to learn in various styles and genres.
- Your JamPlay Membership gives you access to all guitar lessons from all teachers.
- Get pro help, anytime, in a live format with a JamPlay Membership.
Beginner to advanced, acoustic to electric, blues to country… Jamplay has the courses and guitar lessons you need to move your playing forward. Featuring 110+ guitar teachers spanning 20 different genres.
Each lesson is complimented with interactive tabs and learning material to aid your development as a guitarist. Think of GuitarPro, but on the web! Fully responsive and featuring virtual instruments.
Along with their pre-recorded guitar lessons, they also offer live guitar lessons in two different formats. They have weekly workshops which are filmed in 4k and broadcasted live to you in 1080p!
These workshops are task-based, focused lessons about a designated topic of guitar. Also, their Live Q&A offers open dialogue and discussion with the teachers.. for up to 8 hours a day.
Level up your playing with Jamplays skill-based lessons, dedicating full courses to skills as Lead Improvisation, Ear Training, Learning Music Theory and much, much more. Perfect techniques which can be “glossed over” with traditional lessons.
New teachers, courses, and guitar lessons added each month. Jamplay has a catalog of over 100 online guitar teachers offering up over 4,000 years of experience. Beginner to advanced, certified educators to stage musicians, Jamplay’s offerings are as diverse as music itself.
Infinite Guitar – Lessons, Music News, Reviews, Guitars, Gear, Interviews (infiniteguitar.com)
- Our guitar teachers build upon this core principle within their lessons.
- They have guitar teachers from all over the world and they’re some of the best talent in the business. Check out Infinte Guitar’s free guitar lessons to get a taste!
- Let’s be real, the internet has no shortage of online guitar lessons. But good ones that actually get you places? Those are rare.
You want to be a better guitarist, and their goal is to help you get there. Whether you’re a total beginner, an intermediate in a rut, or a seasoned professional looking to be challenged, their guitar lessons can propel your skills well beyond their current level.
Going to a local music shop to get lessons is not convenient or cheap. While face-to-face lessons can be beneficial, online guitar lessons can have big advantages over local lessons.
Whether you’re a total beginner, an intermediate in a rut, or a seasoned professional looking to be challenged, their guitar lessons can propel your skills well beyond their current level.
We have guitar teachers from all over the world and they’re some of the best talent in the business. Check out Infinte Guitar’s free guitar lessons to get a taste!
The Best Online Guitar Lessons – TrueFire (truefire.com)
- Over 40,000 video guitar lessons from the best educators in the world make TrueFire the #1 most trusted online resource for guitar players of all skill levels.
- TrueFire’s interactive video guitar courses are available on their website and apps for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Windows, Mac, and Android.
- TrueFire’s interactive synced tab is the best way to follow the lessons.
- 900+ interactive video guitar courses featuring multi-angle HD video lessons, slo-mo, looping, synced tab, notation, jam tracks, and more.
“I’ve been a long-time TrueFire customer. The quality and content of the guitar lessons continues to improve. The variety of courses available is second to none. Truly something for everyone!”
“TrueFire has the best instructors for all levels not only from this country but internationally as well. Their catalog of courses is superb. The apps are top-notch and offer many great features for learning, visualizing, and jamming with the various guitar lessons including being able to slow it down or loop it. The catalog of courses is awesome and greatly appreciated!
Gibson’s Learn and Master Guitar
Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar (learnandmaster.com)
- Acoustic Guitar Magazine’s Player’s Choice Award for Best Instructional Material
- With Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar, taught by guitar pro Steve Krenz, that tradition of excellence continues.
- It is the winner of the Acoustic Guitar Magazine Players’ Choice’ GOLD Award, two Telly Awards, and an AEGIS Award for Excellence in Education.
- Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar is designed for all skill levels.
- The Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar course has been awarded the Acoustic Guitar Player’s Choice GOLD Award.
Lesson books alone, with no detailed video instruction, can be confusing. Using software-based instruction chains you to your computer and is difficult to use. Private guitar instruction is pricey, inconvenient, and depends on finding the perfect teacher. An average weekly guitar lesson will cost you $2,000 per year, plus all that driving!
No one wants to practice along with a video all the time! Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar Lesson Book contains all the songs and exercises showed in the video lessons, as well as several more, so you can continue practicing at your own pace for as long as you need before moving on to the next lesson.
Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar course is known as the most complete course available for learning guitar. It is the winner of the Acoustic Guitar Magazine Players’ Choice’ GOLD Award, two Telly Awards, and an AEGIS Award for Excellence in Education.
Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar is designed for all skill levels. They provide the roadmap and you provide the practice!